logomark
Research

Research

BDR researchers coming from diverse research fields are working together to achieve higher goals.

Seminars & Symposia

Seminars & Symposia

BDR hosts annual symposium and regular seminars inviting international scientists in life science.

Careers & Study

Careers & Study

BDR embraces people from diverse backgrounds, and strives to create an open and supportive setting for research.

Outreach

Outreach

BDR communicates the appeal and significance of our research to society through the use of various media and activities.

News

News

From research, events, people and everything in between, find out what’s going on at RIKEN BDR.

About Us

About Us

Exploring the scientific foundations of life through interdisciplinary approaches to address society’s problems.

Ritsuko Morita awarded Shiseido Female Researcher Science Grant

Jul. 1, 2020

Ritsuko Morita, research scientist in the Laboratory for Tissue Microenvironment, was named one of the recipients of the 13th Shiseido Female Researcher Science Grant.

The grant by the Shiseido Company, Ltd. aims to support female researchers in all fields of natural sciences who are motivated to take a leadership position and anticipated to contribute to the development of science and technology. Recipients can use the funds not only for research expenses, but also for supportive activities in the particular life stages of recipients (such as childbirth and childcare) in order to continue pursuing their research.

Morita was awarded for "Identification of cell-cell communication networks in lineage priming of hair follicle stem cells"

On being selected as a recipient, Morita said, "I am truly honored to receive this award that supports women researchers. I am now at a turning point in my career, where I am summarizing the results of my research and preparing to move on to the next stage. I am very grateful to be receiving this award at this timing, and it has given me a lot of courage. I will make use of this grant to further extend and advance my research."

Related link

PAGE